Monday, July 27, 2009

Up, Up and Away

I made a mistake this past Friday evening. Instead of being responsible and getting to bed at a reasonable hour so that I could get up Saturday morning for my long run, (during which I would test out my new fuel belt,) I stayed up and entertained my oldest niece DeAndra and her daughter Morgan. It was grand 'ol time, but of course not what you need when you're training.

Needless to say I could not gt up Saturday morning and put in 13 miles or so on four hours of sleep. At first I was bummed. Time is growing short and there are some important things I still need to do. I quickly (as I normally do) got over it when I decided how I would remedy the solution. I hadn't planned on bumping myself up to this point yet but what they hey!?! This will be a 40+ mile week. There's already 16 in the bank and we're only two days into it.

No comments:

Post a Comment