Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Easy Does It Big Fella


I got some new shoes yesterday. A brand new pair of Saucony Progrid Xodos trail runners. Its quite nice as I have mentioned before. I never tire of getting new running shoes. I have never had a pair of trail runners and I was/am shocked at how different they actually are. The bottoms, the treads, the sole stiffness the lacing and the actual cut of the show all very different for me.

This weekend Michelle and I are supposed to take a jaunt through the woods in our new shoes (yes she got a pair of trail runners as well since she will be pacing me for the last 15 miles of the race). By the way other pacers will be gladly accepted for say 8 miles or so. (We already have the room(s) booked so step up to the plate people...all you have to do is run.) It should be interesting. I love running in the woods. It is steadily growing on me. I used to be a track guy in my younger days. Then I was strictly road especially when I lived in San Francisco and then in New York. Now with this race I am getting more and more into the dirt and the sticks.

Change its inevitable.


No comments:

Post a Comment