Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Taking The Plunge

My lovely wife Michelle has signed us up for something pretty awesome. I have seen a few videos of various athletes working out in pools and employing the techniques of deep water running for a no impact workout. It is supposedly great for endurance with of course the benefit of not beating up the body the way running (incorrectly) can do.

The class is put on by the New York Road Runners Club an organization which we both formerly belonged to but had let them fade into the sunset for various reasons. A great group, perhaps a bit too big for their britches I tend to think in many cases but over the years a standout organization. The various classes, which seem to be growing in number, is a great addition to all the races the organization puts on.

I do not know what to expect except for someone who took the class said don't eat too close to class time. You will get a workout. I will let you know how it goes.

1 comment:

  1. I was just asking your other half about this. This sounds like fun! I always loved swimming...and if I could run in the pool as opposed to the street I would do that every day.

    ReplyDelete