Monday, July 6, 2009

30 IN THE REARVIEW MIRROR

As  promised the magical thirty mark was approached and passed. Its a nice feeling. As I told my friend Joe (Heslin) (Whats Up Mejia?!?) if you can do the mileage in a week you can do it in a day. Its the general rule of thumb for distance runners. So with that being said its important to knock down the various mileage barriers. Now with thirty down I can take on forty which is much easier to get to than 30.

40 is a peculiar number to put up in 4 running days a week. For me it means basically making 10 milers my average and or minimum run Monday-Wednesday-Friday. You throw in 2-5 miles of speedwork giving me 32-35 miles and then throw in a long run of  13 or so and viola 40 will be in the rear view mirror. High hopes but of course very doable just like 30 was.

By the way I put seven in the mileage tank this a.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment