Friday, July 17, 2009

The Long & Winding Road

At certain points when training you kinda think why am I doing all of this? I thought that this morning briefly. It was about a five minute conversation in my head while I was on the back half of a seven mile run. I snapped out of it primarily due to the normal chorus of "hellos" I pass out and receive running through our town.

As the day proceeded and I went through the rest of my workout program (free weights, yoga, cycling) the thought crept back in. Then I stumbled upon a little video about Dean Karnazes and how he changed his diet to become a better runner. This led to a reflective few moments which took me to the website for the race. Bingo. That's all I needed to see. Its nice to challenge yourself. Many people of course choose different means to test themselves and their mettle but its the challenge that matters. Success or failure if you never test yourself you have no chance of ever achieving anything.

So tomorrow I once again will head out on the long and riding road.

No comments:

Post a Comment