Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Making Up For Lost Time

I know there are excuses and then there are excuses. My normal schedule for training is Monday, Wednesday, Friday normal run. Saturday speedwork and Sunday the mighty long run. Now after Saturday, Sunday and Monday busting our asses and driving construction equipment it was very, very hard to stay on schedule. I missed Monday. For Shame!!! 

Of course though not being one to make a lot of excuses I flipped my days and instead of having my normal Tuesday rest day I ran. It felt good. It actually worked out the kinks of the weekends. Of course that meant doubling up, Tuesday and Wednesday. Seems like nothing right. We're all creatures of habit and it. It took a little work (let me pat myself on my own back), but I did it. Small milestone but it matters. Little victories in training lead to coming through for yourself when it counts.

No comments:

Post a Comment