Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Postponed Gratification

Its not bad to have to wait for things. The waiting is not the hardest part. Contrary to popular belief its the realizing. For most of us we are waiting for one thing or another. I believe it was Thoreau who said, "Most men live lives of quiet desperation." Its pretty true waiting for this or that. Most of us know this though. The real problem is not realizing when some of the things we have been waiting for are coming to fruition. 

Me personally I have been waiting for the infectious disease doctor to tell me all's clear. Today I went to see her and lo and behold that's exactly what she told me. Funny thing is, I knew this already. I like to think I am in pretty good sync with my body. I've known since about a week after I got the PICC line out. I knew I was better. I felt better and interestingly enough I was as verified by the good doctor. Postponed gratification. Not too shabby. 

No comments:

Post a Comment