Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Getting High


I am sure that most of you have heard of a runners high. Experiencing it is something otherworldly. Its hard to compare it to anything else. Its almost a blissful state brought on by basic exertion. When you get it you feel indestructible. A lot like a certain alien that gets strong in the bright yellow sun of earth. It makes you feel as if you can run forever.

Now the runner's high might be well know but how many of us know of the runner's contact high? Yeah I made it up, but I am finding a unique set of circumstances that I would call a runner's contact high. Maybe I used to get this and somehow forgot it during my wonderful illness. I mean for the last few months of being sick I was really pissed off when I saw runners enjoying the trail near our house or out in the early morning darkness with the deer, foxes and raccoons that I used to see. Now it seems though not only am I totally getting high at least once a week from my own runs, now when I hear about or see other's running I get the same feeling. Like I could go out and run with them all. How cool is it to be high (almost) all the time...don't answer that.

No comments:

Post a Comment