Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Rest Now Telephone Tomorrow

Is there anything as good as a good sleep? I think its the most underrated ingredient to many athletes and weekend warriors (I hate that phrase...slap me if I use it again). After four months of barely getting a solid hour at a time of sleep I am now finding that I am having the deepest sleeps perhaps of my entire life. Its that deep, don't know when I fell asleep and didn't move at all throughout the night.

It seems that the better my sleep the harder it is to get up but the better my workouts are. The runs are getting easier and easier. In fact if today is any indication of what I can expect, I actually feel better after 5+ miles than before I began. Sounds strange to many buts its true. Doing a bit of research I seem to be stumbling upon many other runners who say similar things. My legs and joints and generally my whole self feel better. Strange but true. Rest is good for the blood. My nephew will appreciate this little bugs flick.




No comments:

Post a Comment