Thursday, May 21, 2009

Ahhhhhhh...That New Shoe Smell

As a runner there is little that matches brand new shoes. OK let me rephrase that other than completing a run or a race or carb loading on my new pre-race favorite or the post race indulgences nothing compares to a new or a few new pairs of shoes. The feet seem to rejoice in them and thus the legs and butt and lower back and abs. Its all connected you know. Knee bone connected etcetera etcetera.

For years now Michelle and I have been ordering shoes from National Running Center. They have everything new as well as the old guard that most of us have become so familiar and loyal to. I myself am a Saucony Grid Hurricane loyalist. I have gone from version one all the way through I guess they are up to number 11 now. I always wait to try on the shoes with Michelle. We have had some mishaps with two left feet. Literally two left feet showing up, and of course two different sizes. For the most part its seamless though. You know your model and your size and you can order. I  do have to make a trip though to Super Runner's Store and get the lowdown on trail runners. I've never bought a pair and I need a pair for the race let alone the long runs for training.

No comments:

Post a Comment