Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Minty Fresh


I forgot to tell you all, the masses, about my first dentist visit in oh about 15 years. Why the big layoff from proper dental health you may ask. Plain and simple busy and lazy. I have graduated college started working moved across the country twice, got married, bought a house and of course you know the sickness story by now. So, to me that means I've been busy.

The dentist and the dental assistant both said, "you could have said anything. No insurance, you switched doctors etc." I came up wit busy after admitting I was hanging with the cavity creeps for 15 years. I was hanging with them but they did not get em. I still am cavity free. "Yeah Boyeeeeee!" They did the usual x-ray and then went onto the cleaning.

I told them the reason I broke the 15 year streak was that the sickness and medication had seriously weakened my enamel and my teeth were getting stained from just thinking about food or drinks. The drill and the pick came out and after 15 minutes it was like a new set of choppers. Then the magical, disgusting polish, made an appearance. Pearly whites. Magnifique.

As I was preparing to leave the dentist told me I was a rare case that only need to come to the dentist once a year. He asked if it would be one year or 15 until the next visit. I told him I might make an appearance next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment