Thursday, June 11, 2009

Tight

Another tell tale sign that you're actually doing something (not necessarily right or wrong but something in general) is that your muscles get tight. This week as I applauded myself for cracking the 26.2 mark for the week I also added some hill work. In the middle of my "normal" six mile run there is a hill that is almost half a mile of inclined running. So half a mile up and half mile back down. Very dramatic sounding right. Well it puts a whole other set of strains especially on the quads.

After doing this Sunday morning about Tuesday the quads got tight and have remained so. So tight I might add that it was making the glutes as well as the lower back muscles tighten up. Oh yeah its all connected people. So I have been using some trigger point technology to relive the tension.  We use the "Baller Block" which is basically a yoga block with a ball to sit on as well as two cylinders to massage the calfs as well as quadriceps. Modern technology.

No comments:

Post a Comment