Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Little Milestones

I have officially crossed the marathon mark for a weeks worth of running. It has taken me a while but nothing good comes from rushing of course. Haste makes waste as the old adage goes. From the end of April until now I have gone from 0 miles per week up to a 26 or 27 consistently. It might seem like a lot to some, and it might seem like nothing to those who actually can fathom what running 50 miles might be like, but to me its a true milestone.

I used to put in 30+ weeks regularly back in the day (say about a year ago). Then of course all hell broke loose and I was, with all of you in tow, back at square one and moving forward. I like to think that things will now get easier. technically they should if history is any indicator. I never had a problem adding a half a mile or mile to my runs as I was training and it seemed as if the more I ran the easier it became since my body settled into a good groove.

I can only hope...and pray. There's many miles ahead.

1 comment: