Thursday, June 25, 2009

The Simple Things


Perhaps I'm simple at heart or perhaps I have learned with age to appreciate the simpler things in life. In a week that has seen people killed in the streets of Iran just for the right to vote in a fair election. Our president taking his healthcare message directly to the American people. People still falling prey to swine flu and Ed McMahon, Farrah Fawcet and (maybe) Michael Jackson all dying, all I can think about is that I really love my wife Michelle because she loves and understands how the simple things really excite me. I have been preoccupied with web design, Chirunning, and watching the grass grow. Yes I did say watching the grass grow.

As you know we built the wall and landscaped the "new" backyard. In the last two weeks in the midst of the monsoon rains we spread topsoil and seeded the lawn. I feared that the little fellas would not make it through the monsoons but lo and behold its growing. I couldn't be happier.

No comments:

Post a Comment