Thursday, April 30, 2009

And Now Its Time For The Feats of Strength

The only way I can test myself is unfortunately for my wife is by doing. Thus (I love that word) yesterday in my ever increasing attempts to get into a training rhythm and into my plan, I tested my strength the good 'ol fashioned way. Push and pull exercises. You know the kind push ups in all their glory and the  beast that goes only by the name of pull ups.

Gleefully I could still pump out 20 or so push ups, wide stance push ups, military push ups, balance push ups, pike push ups, and diamond push ups. It was nice to see that out of myself. I mean basically not using one arm for four months makes you weak. Its unavoidable.

Before the infection broke me I was able to do 15-20 pull ups on a regular basis. Today in the feats of strength I easily mustered on my best round  a mighty 3. Yeah...not so good. So the biceps and pecs good. The triceps, deltoids and lats very, very bad.

0 to 50 in so many ways. Que sera, sera.

1 comment: