Thursday, September 24, 2009

OK I Lied, So Here's Thursday

I thought I could go cold turkey on the blogging and just leave the race and the event for film but I can't. I like to run my mouth and so bit by bit I will lay out the events of last weekend. As I mentioned last time there is so much to say that I couldn't wrap my head around it. So instead of chomping onto the whole thing lets take it piecemeal.

A week ago Thursday was in essence the moment of truth. The last day of reality before the surreal experiences began. The work day was average and non-descript as it should be before something like this. Michelle left work a bit early and got home. It was good to see her. Very reassuring in many respects. We finished up whatever we had to do and then went to Enterprise to pick up the SUV. Now maybe I am living in the past but what we got was not SUV like as I denote them. It was more like a lifted station wagon. I think it was a Nissan Rogue. Just enough space it would turn out.

Anyway, we got the car and Michelle finished up the Quinoa salad which was our dinner fare for the evening. Just about this time Mayo (Elizabeth Mayo CO-founder of Pareidolia Films LLC) arrived on the bus. She made the hike from Queens through the city and up the Hudson to Nyack. She had most of the gear as well as the bag for her and Alex. She's a trooper because the camera was not light and it was definitely muy expensive.

We got in she settled down. We bs'd a bit and then had dinner. Following dinner which was quite tasty and which I took more than my fair share, (kinda a pre pre race carb load session,) Liz and I drove across the river to the Tarrytown train station to pick up Sir Alex Chancey. (No he has not been knighted but I figure if I say it enough people will ultimately think it.)

Chancey ate and then there was bit of filming about the race and the feelings surrounding it. A little more filming of us packing up the gear and the food and then we were all a bit sleepy. This would be the last good night's sleep for a while. We all retired and after 20 or thirty minutes of running through a mental list of everything we were supposed to have packed and/or collected for the trip and the race I finally fell asleep ready for the 3:30 am wakeup.

No comments:

Post a Comment