Monday, September 21, 2009

I Came, I Ran, I Hurt

There are a million things I could say about what happened last Saturday. All the training all the hype all the zen calm and eerily lack of fear. The race was everything I thought it would be and yet so, so, so much more. To try and describe it here I would be remiss in so many things. I will say simply this. It is the hardest physical feat I have ever performed in my life. My words alone cannot do it justice. Luckily I was graced to have a vast portion of Thursday through Sunday captured on film. When its ready I will do my final post. Until then I would like to simply thank everyone who took part in my mini adventure...my wife Michelle, Mom L, Mom P, Dad P, Michael, Kathleen, Bruce, Donald, Aliana, Darius, Little Joe, Evelyn, Aunt Maria, Susie, Dr. Gurniak, Dr. Okiri, Dr Strauss, Cory, Stacey, Miguel, Joe and a super big shout out to Elizabeth the Great and Sir Chancey and most importantly once again my beautiful wife Michelle. She not only put up with a horribly cranky patient who realized his own mortality suddenly at age 37 but then helped drag his tired ass across the finish line after running the last 14.8 miles with him (ad some stragglers he picked up along the way).

For now that is it. You have hopefully read the blog and like me anxiously await the movie which of course is coming via the skillful hands of Alex and Elizabeth. Oh yes one final thought...never, never, never try this at home kids. Let the adults be crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment